A New Chapter

This weekend was filled with lots of celebrations! And not just celebrations but endings and beginnings. Getting to start a new chapter in life is exciting and scary. And this weekend I got to share in the joy of new beginnings with people I love dearly.

On Friday, my baby brother graduated from high school!!! What the heck? This makes me feel old. I can still remember when he was tiny and I would dress him up in girl clothes. He won't appreciate me sharing that info:)
Nathan and I after graduation:)

I am so proud of him and excited to see what happens next for him. Even though he's not little anymore he gets to start a new part of life. Yay for new challenges and experiences!

On Saturday, I got to take part in a different celebration. My big, Sarah got married! She and I have known each other since my freshman year at Baylor and she has been such a blessing to me the past few years and I can't imagine my time at Baylor without her.
Cayla, (my grandbig) Sarah and I before the ceremony
I was so honored to be a part of Sarah's wedding! The ceremony was beautiful and Sarah obviously looks gorgeous:)  It was wonderful to see Sarah so happy and joyful. I know she and Chris will be a great team. Sarah officially gets to live in grown-up world and I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous;)


The last celebration I got to take part in was for some dear friends/ practically family. Kate and Andrew, my summer siblings also just graduated from high school and had a wonderful graduation party. I know Kate and Andrew because I had the joy of getting the live with them last summer when I worked for the BGCT as a Super Summer Intern. Needless to say I love them their family a lot:)

Kara, Kate, Grant and my's ridiculous attempt at a Sic 'em.
Clearly Kate is going to Baylor which Kara and I are so excited for! Yay for new Baylor Bears. Andrew is going to Ouachita Baptist University. I guess we'll have to forgive him for that choice:) (jk Andrew, I know it will be awesome.)

Anyway, I couldn't think of a better way than to spend my time than by seeing my friends and family step into a new adventure in life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author