Barefoot Contessa is my best friend.

I love the Barefoot Contessa. Not sure why, but I really do. In fact I have approximately 127 episodes of her cooking show recorded on my DVR. Pretty sure I would lose my mind if I got to go hang out with her in The Hamptons. If you don't know who she is- shame on you, but here is her website, which I was getting paid to promote.
If I had a hobby, it would be trying to make Barefoot recipes. Fortunately my mom knows of my love of Barefoot and got me a cookbook for Christmas- imagine my excitement. This afternoon i whipped that cookbook out and decided to make her Summer Fruit Crostata.

Look how happy she is!!!


Confession- the real reason wanted to make this dessert is because you make the pastry dough with a food processor and I recently became the proud parent of one of those lovely items.
Since it's spring in Indy and not summer I had to improvise with the fruit. And I decided to rename it.
Say hello to my Veryyy Berryyy Crostata- filled with blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Nomnomnom.
I'm not going to post the recipe here or steps because why would do that when I didn't come up with it? Click on the link way up there if you want to make it yourself.
I just popped this bad boy out of the oven and OMG, I literally wanted to eat the whole thing. The berries got all soft and gooey and delicious. And the berry juices make this amazingly tasty sauce. And the pastry is flaky and light.
Here's a before and after pic (warning: I took these with my iPhone and I'm not a photographer at all)
The stuff on top is brown sugar and butter. How bad can that be?!?

Notice the berry juice everywhere. It's good.

This is not a super sweet dessert nor is a ton of sugar added because the berries release of lot of it when they get baked in the oven. Honestly I'd say you could get away with eating this for breakfast. I probably will tomorrow. As far as desserts go, it's healthier than some because the fruit is the STAR! I did tweak the recipe a bit by using less butter and a sugar substitute. I hardly ever follow recipes exactly. whoops.

Anyway, if you have the time, go make this recipe! It's simple and delicious.
And as Barefoot would say, "How easy is that?"

Happy Baking!

Tonks Malone approves this message.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author