Breaking Up with My Tonsils (a Semi live-blog of my Recovery and Ramblings: Part 2)


Day 3. Shortly after publishing the first part of this ongoing blog last night, I woke up with the worst pain so far. Not the worst in my life but compared to days 1 and 2 it was worse. So far as long as I'm not swallowing my throat doesn't hurt. But now I'm getting to the point where it just hurts no matter what. The pills take the edge off but the pain doesn't go away. I can really feel additional pain in my jaw and ears. Like a dull ache. So I've been icing my neck and trying to stay hydrated. Easier said than done. But I'm determined to not get dehydrated. I can only imagine how awful my throat would feel if it was like a mini desert in there. It's not exactly something I'm wanting to test out.
So I've been distracting myself with makeup tutorial videos (practical since I've been wearing lots of makeup and going so many places the past 3 days.) Fortunately Tonks has been snuggling me a lot, which I consider to be a huge win. But let me tell you, I would not be surviving without these two nuggets! Love you Lauren and Tonks!

The afternoon and evening have been better today as far as pain goes compared to this morning. Ice on my neck has really been great. Pretty much been using it all day as it helps with the jaw and ear pain as well. Plus boyfriend brought over flowers and Blue Bell ice cream. (Yes. We do get Blue Bell in Indiana.) What could I possibly complain about? (sorry no pics of the flowers or ice cream yet, or bf, maybe later when i decide to leave my bed) I have feeling tomorrow is going to be more of the same. Bring it on day 4, but not too much because I'm reaching my pain tolerance.

xoxo,

Hill


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author